Get ready for a super yummy and easy snack: air fryer chicken fries! If you love quick and tasty food, you're going to want these in your freezer. In this post, I'm going to tell you all about these crunchy treats and why they're so great.
This chicken fries are just as good as this air fryer mandu and i also made in no time.
Are you always busy but still want something delicious to eat? These chicken fries are perfect for you. They cook fast in the air fryer and come out super crispy on the outside but still soft and juicy inside. They're great for meals with your family, snacks, or when you have friends over.
How to cook air fryer chicken fries in air fryer
- Before you start, it's a good idea to preheat your air fryer. Set it to 400°F. This step helps cook the chicken fries evenly and get them extra crispy.
- Take the chicken fries and place them in the air fryer basket. Spread them out in a single layer. This is important so that hot air can circulate around each fry, ensuring they all cook evenly and get crispy. If you have too many to fit in one layer, it's better to cook them in batches rather than overcrowding the basket.
- Cook the chicken fries at 400°F for 10 minutes. About halfway through, around the 5-minute mark, open the air fryer and shake the basket or use tongs to turn the fries. This ensures that they brown and crisp up nicely on all sides.
- After 10 minutes, check the chicken fries. They should be golden brown and crispy. If you have a meat thermometer, you can check if they've reached the safe internal temperature for chicken, which is 165°F.
- Once cooked, serve the chicken fries hot with your choice of dipping sauce.
Leftovers and reheating
For leftovers, cool the chicken fries and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator, where they'll stay good for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place them back in the air fryer at 350°F for about 3-5 minutes, or until they're heated through and regain their crispiness. Avoid microwaving as it can make them soggy.
Air fryer chicken fries pair wonderfully with a variety of dipping sauces, each bringing its own unique flavor to complement the crispy snack. Here are some more dipping sauce suggestions for your chicken fries:
- Ranch Dressing: Creamy and herby, ranch is a classic choice that pairs well with the savory chicken flavor.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: For a touch of sweetness with a slight kick, sweet chili sauce is a great option.
- Buffalo Sauce: If you enjoy a spicy tang, buffalo sauce adds a nice heat and zest.
- Honey Mustard: A combination of sweet and tangy, honey mustard is a crowd-pleaser and goes great with chicken.
- Garlic Aioli: A rich and flavorful sauce, garlic aioli adds a gourmet touch.
- Blue Cheese Dressing: Perfect for those who love a strong, tangy flavor with their chicken.
- Teriyaki Sauce: Adds a sweet and slightly salty Asian-inspired twist.
- BBQ Sauce: For a smoky, sweet, and slightly tangy flavor, you can't go wrong with BBQ sauce.
- Sriracha Mayo: Mixing Sriracha with mayonnaise creates a spicy, creamy sauce with just the right amount of kick.
- Cook in batches if necessary. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking and less crispy fries.
- For safety, make sure chicken fries reach an internal temperature of 165°F. A meat thermometer can be very handy for this.
- If you want to add extra seasoning, do it as soon as they come out of the air fryer so it sticks well.
- Depending on your air fryer model, cooking times may vary slightly. Adjust as needed for the perfect texture.
- Chicken fries are best enjoyed hot and crispy, straight from the air fryer.
Frequently asked questions
Chicken fries are a form of chicken nuggets, shaped like French fries. They are made from breaded or battered chicken meat and are typically deep-fried or baked.
A: Yes, you can cook them straight from frozen in the air fryer. There's no need to thaw them first.
A: Yes, this recipe works with any air fryer model. Just be sure to adjust cooking times if needed based on your specific air fryer.
A: Yes, you can bake them in an oven. Preheat your oven to 400°F and bake for about 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
A: Yes, they are generally kid-friendly and make a great snack or meal for children. Just ensure they are cooked to the right temperature for safety.
Traditional chicken fries are not gluten-free as they are coated with breadcrumbs or flour. However, some brands or recipes may offer gluten-free options using alternative coatings like cornmeal or almond flour.
You may also like
- Tyson spicy chicken patties in air fryer
- Trader Joe's shawarma chicken thighs air fryer
- Air fryer BBQ chicken thighs
- Trader Joe's breaded chicken air fryer recipe
- Trader Joe's pollo asado chicken
Hope you will like this air fryer chicken fries recipe as much as we do. Please rate the recipe if you made it and leave a comment if you have any questions or suggestions.
Air Fryer Chicken Fries
- 7 pieces chicken fries
- dipping sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Place frozen chicken fries in the air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dip.